Talk about family fun—Tempe’s got lots of it. From the squirmiest little travelers to tough-to-please teens, Kids, parents and grandparents will find plenty to please in Tempe’s wide range of family-oriented attractions and activities. Spring break is perfect for hiking, biking and catching your favorite MLB team at a Cactus League Spring Training game. All that activity is bound to work up hearty appetites and Tempe’s family- friendly restaurants are up to the challenge of satisfying the pickiest of palates.
- Plan your spring training trip to Tempe. Catch a fly ball, get an autograph and have a hot dog at Tempe Diablo Stadium during this year’s Cactus League baseball season. Tempe is proud to be the home of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim every March. See superstars Mike Trout and Albert Pujols get ready for the upcoming season.
- Rent a paddleboard, pedal boat, kayak or other watercraft at Tempe Town Lake. This two-mile urban oasis is located just north of the Mill Avenue District.
- One of the best ways to explore the scenic Sonoran Desert is on foot. Hiking trails are abundant in and around Tempe. Some of most popular trails are located at Papago Park, South Mountain Park/Preserve and “A” Mountain (home to a gold A that stands for Arizona State University).
- Parents can relax with a coffee or frozen yogurt and watch their kids have watery fun in the Splash Pad at Tempe Marketplace. This family-friendly shopping and dining destination also features free live music on two stages every Friday and Saturday evening.
- Meet furry, feathery and scaly friends at the Phoenix Zoo. Located in Papago Park, the Phoenix Zoo has been voted one of the nation’s top five zoos for kids. The whole family will enjoy exhibits such as the Monkey Village, Harmony Farm and Wallaby Walkabout.
- Childsplay, professional theatre company for young audiences, brings entertaining performances to the Tempe Center for the Arts throughout the year. Childsplay productions are adaptations of beloved books and original works. All performances feature a question and answer session after the show so children can learn more about the characters and theatre.
- Located within Arizona Mills, SEA LIFE Arizona Aquarium is a unique excursion for the whole family. Primarily focused towards children, SEA LIFE creates an environment where little ones can have face-to-face encounters with seahorses, rays, sharks, tropical fish and more. The aquarium has more than 30 display tanks in 12 different habitat zones with more than 5,000 sea creatures.