Whether you’re visiting from far away or nearby, Tempe has lots to offer. From the squirmiest little travelers to tough-to-please teens, kids, parents and grandparents will find plenty to enjoy in Tempe. Tempe’s wide range of family-oriented attractions and restaurants are up to the challenge of satisfying the pickiest of palates.
For more ideas, view the Sunny Arizona Family Guide!
- Parents can relax with a coffee or frozen yogurt and watch their kids have play in the Splash Pad at Tempe Marketplace. This family-friendly shopping and dining destination also features free live music on two stages every Friday and Saturday evening.
- Located in Arizona Mills Mall, SEA LIFE Arizona Aquarium is a unique excursion for the whole family. Primarily focused towards children, SEA LIFE creates an environment where little ones can have face-to-face encounters with seahorses, rays, sharks, tropical fish and more. Everyone will love the new traveling exhibit, Turtle Shelter featuring strange and exotic creatures like red-eared sliders and snake-neck turtles Combine your visit to SEA LIFE with lunch or dinner at the Rainforest Cafe, also located in Arizona Mills.
- Take your family to Childsplay’s spellbinding production of Charlotte’s Web, September 7-October 4. Childsplay is a nationally and internationally recognized professional theatre company whose chosen audience is children.
- Get a taste of the Wild West at Rustler’s Rooste. This legendary steakhouse has a full menu that the whole family will enjoy and the kiddos will get a kick out of the live music and tin slide inside the restaurant.
- Take a quick drive or METRO light rail ride to the Children’s Museum of Phoenix. This three story, indoor kid’s paradise features all sorts of interactive activities from a noodle forest to a grocery store to art projects.