Tempe Arizona vacations are not complete without a visit to the Mill Avenue District.
- The Mill Avenue District is Tempe’s pedestrian-friendly downtown that captures the spirit of this college town. Shady red brick sidewalks, turn of the century buildings, restaurants, shops, entertainment venues, Arizona State University, "A" Mountain and Tempe Town Lake all make the Mill Avenue District a necessary stop during Tempe Arizona vacations - great dining, shopping and nightlife!
Mill Avenue offers all types of entertainment options for all types of Tempe Arizona vacations:
- Families on Arizona vacations will enjoy Splash Playground at Tempe Beach Park or renting pedal boats or kayaks on Tempe Town Lake from Tempe Boat Rentals.
- Experience a Broadway Show at ASU Gammage, a Frank Lloyd Wright designed theatre, contemporary art at the ASU Art Museum and live music performances.
- Plan your Arizona vacations around an ASU football game at Sun Devil Stadium or one of the numerous collegiate sporting events year round.
- Choose from more than 100 restaurants, nightlife venues and shops along Mill Avenue.
- Climb “A” mountain, also known as Hayden Butte Preserve.
- Take in an independent film at Harkins Valley Art Theatre or stroll through public art displays.
- Enjoy one of the many annual festivals and events, such as the Tempe Festivals of the Arts, Oktoberfest at Tempe Town Lake and Ironman Arizona.