Pack an extra suitcase and prepare your taste buds. A trip to Tempe will lead to some serious shopping and delectable dining at some of the best restaurants in Tempe Arizona and most unique restaurants on Mill Avenue.
SHOPPING & DINING DISTRICTS
RESTAURANTS BY DAY - HOT SPOTS BY NIGHT
Shopping & Dining Districts
- Tempe Marketplace has 1.3 million square feet of shopping, dining and entertainment options. Shoppers will love stores such as Barnes & Noble, Gap, Guess, Old Navy and one-of-a-kind retailers like Urban Angels and Tea Infusion. To refuel after a long day of shopping, try some of the most unique restaurants in Tempe Arizona on site. Favorites include Cadillac Ranch, with tasty American dishes, a great bar and a mechanical bull, and Dave & Buster's, where a delicious meal is combined with fun-filled arcade games.
- Arizona Mills is Arizona's largest value-oriented mall. Find impressive savings at 175 manufacturer brand name stores, including: Last Call from Neiman Marcus, Off 5th the Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet, Nike, Tommy Hilfiger and Kenneth Cole.
- The largest IKEA on the West Coast, IKEA Home Furnishings in Tempe, has something for every room of the house, all at a reasonable cost. If you are feeling low on energy, visit the in-house Swedish restaurant for an inexpensive meal to refuel before continuing on your shopping journey.
- Find the latest fashions, books, Arizona State University gear and more in the pedestrian-friendly Mill Avenue District. A gathering spots for students, tourists and residents alike, restaurants on Mill Avenue range from sandwiches to Mexican fare to Asian-fusion dishes. Favorite spots include Restaurant Mexico, P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Bison Witches, House of Tricks and Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill.
Back to top
- Dine lakeside at one of most unique, hidden gem restaurants in Tempe Arizona: Pier 54. This casual, yet upscale restaurant serves up fresh American dishes.
- Oregano’s is an original Chicago-style pizza joint with a large outdoor patio serving award-winning thin crust, stuffed and pan pizzas and authentic Italian cuisine. Oregano’s is also home to the famous, and oh so delicious, pizza cookie!
- Right off the Light Rail, in the heart of Tempe, come on in for an Ncounter of the freshest kind. Breakfast, brunch, lunch and breakfast cocktails are served daily from 7- 3:05 p.m.
- With its high wooden ceilings and brick walls, Four Peaks Brewery is unlike any place in Tempe. Four Peaks offers a wide variety of homemade brews and an impressive menu to match. Enjoy lunch or dinner on the large outdoor patio.
- Located just off the light rail in downtown Tempe, Macayo’s Depot Cantina is home to the $2 Dos XX bottles and the all-day happy hour! They also feature a free food buffet on Fridays and live music on Thursdays and Saturdays. If you are looking for Mexican food in a fun and lively environment this is the place for you!
Back to top
- Top of the Rock at The Buttes, A Marriott Resort is the spot for special celebrations or just a perfect night out. The restaurant features regional Southwestern cuisine and unmatched views of the Valley of the Sun.
- House of Tricks is full of charm, hidden inside two turn-of-the-century cottages with a romantic vine-strewn courtyard. The extensive wine list and splendid cuisine make this award-winning restaurant a local favorite.
- Monti's La Casa Vieja is located in one of Tempe's original buildings, which is the oldest continually occupied structure in metro Phoenix. Monti's is known for great steaks and their freshly baked roman bread.
- With a menu focused on seasonally inspired, all natural, organic and fresh cuisine, it is no surprise Caffe Boa is one of the best fine dining locations on Mill Avenue.
Back to top
Restaurants by Day - Hot Spots by Night
- La Bocca is a neighborhood gourmet pizzeria and wine bar with a hip urban feel.
- Rated the Best Happy Hour in Phoenix, Canteen Modern Tequila Bar specializes in a large 100% agave tequila selection, as well as their gourmet tacos.
- Voted best fish ‘n chips in the valley, and home of the 7 day happy hour, Rula Bula Irish Pub & Restaurant has something for everyone. Come enjoy a meal on the patio of this charming Irish pub.
- Located on Mill Avenue, Robbie Fox’s Public Bouse is a traditional Irish pub featuring authentic Irish fare, fresh fish and a large beer selection.
- Located right on Mill Avenue, Gordon Biersch Brewery is known for delicious food and hand crafted brews. Come enjoy happy hour or dine outside and enjoy the view.
Back to top