Our hotels and tourist attractions are partnering with the Tempe Tourism Office on Tempe’s Travel Safely Checklist.
Nothing lifts your spirits like the anticipation of taking a trip and expanding your horizons. When you’re ready to travel, Tempe is ready to welcome you.
To ensure everyone’s stay in Tempe is the best it can be, the Tempe Tourism Office developed Tempe’s Travel Safely Checklist. This Checklist lists the protocols that are in place in Tempe’s businesses. For more details about individual places, visit their websites or contact them directly.
View Tempe’s Travel Safely Checklist, and get a head start on traveling to Tempe again soon.
Tempe’s hotel, attraction and restaurant partners are adhering to the following:
- Employees will be directed to stay home if they are symptomatic or feeling sick
- Employees will have access to soap, hand sanitizer and be directed to wear masks for the safety of guests
- Employees will be either health screened prior to working or will be directed to do a self-screening at home prior to leaving for work
- Employees will be trained on disinfecting and safety protocols
- Signage will be posted throughout the business reminding employees and visitors of physical distancing standards, such as mask guidelines, hand washing procedures and enhanced cleaning protocols
- Staff will frequently clean and sanitize high traffic touch points such as elevator buttons, reception areas and public seating areas
- For hotels, the staff will follow CDC guidelines related to the cleaning procedures for guestrooms
For our Visitors traveling to Tempe, we ask you to:
- Be patient and kind to one another as we all learn to adapt to new procedures.
- Remember to abide by the local and state government orders.
- Wear a mask in public as ordered by the City of Tempe and Maricopa County.
- Thoroughly wash hands for at least 20 seconds and/or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet from others when visiting a local business, attraction or outdoor recreation area.
- Use contactless payment when available.
- Before you visit a Tempe business, call ahead to verify information such as hours of operations, available amenities, cleaning protocols, reduced capacity, options for contactless payments and the use of protective shields at registration desks and admission booths.
Participating Tempe Partners:
- AC Hotel Phoenix/Tempe Downtown
- Canopy by Hilton Tempe Downtown
- Comfort Inn & Suites Tempe Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
- Comfort Suites Phoenix Airport
- Courtyard Tempe Downtown
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Tempe
- Fairfield by Marriott Phoenix Tempe/Airport
- Graduate Tempe
- Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Tempe, University Research Park
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tempe
- Home2Suites by Hilton Phoenix Tempe, University Research Park
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Tempe ASU Area
- Hyatt House Tempe/Phoenix/University
- Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix/University
- Moxy Phoenix Tempe/ASU Area
- Residence Inn Tempe
- Residence Inn Tempe Downtown/University
- Tempe Mission Palms Hotel
- ASU Art Museum
- Boat Rentals of America – Tempe Town Lake
- Boat Rentals of America – Kiwanis Lake
- DETOURS American West
- Hall of Flame Museum of Firefighting
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Arizona
- Musical Instrument Museum
- SEA LIFE Arizona Aquarium
- Cartel Coffee Lab
- Original ChopShop – ASU
- Original ChopShop – I10 + Warner
- Crêpe Bar
- Desert Roots Kitchen
- Garcia’s Mexican Restaurant – Arizona Mills
- House of Tricks
- Infusion Coffee and Tea Crafters
- Rainforest Cafe
- Salut Kitchen Bar
- Snakes & Lattes
- Starbucks Coffee at Arizona Mills
Spend the Holiday Season in Tempe, Arizona
In my opinion, Tempe, Arizona is one of the best spots to get in the holiday spirit. Whether you are looking for a fun date night idea, or fun for the whole family, spending the holiday season in Tempe offers endless possibilities.
Take a self-guided tour in Tempe
Because Tempe is easy to navigate at 40 square miles, it’s an ideal place to take your own self-guided tour. Here are some of our favorite places to see during your own Tempe driving, biking or walking tour.