There are so many great restaurants in Tempe. I never grow tired of the tasty options in our city. But which restaurants are the best to take my family? There are a few that are always a sure bet for a good time, and a family-friendly atmosphere for the kiddos. Here’s my short list of family-friendly restaurants in Tempe. If you know of any more, let us know in the comments and we’ll add them to the list!
1. Daily Jam: Open daily for breakfast and lunch, Daily Jam has a yummy menu with lots of kid-friendly choices. The relaxed atmosphere and “walk up and order” style is ideal for a family on the go. It’s walking distance from Tempe Town Lake, so it’s the perfect place to go before or after a visit to the lake.
310 S. Mill Ave., Tempe, AZ 85281 – Located on the corner of Third St. and Mill Ave. in Downtown Tempe
2. IKEA Tempe Bistro & Restaurant: A super casual environment, affordable prices and a “just for kids” dining area makes this a winner in my book. The kids corner area includes kid-sized dining tables and built-in toys to entertain your tot. After you finish your meal, walk it off while shopping!
2110 W. Ikea Way, Tempe, AZ 85284 – Located off of I-10 and Warner Rd.
3. Rigatony’s Authentic Italian Restaurant: If you’re in the mood for a big Italian family dinner, look no further than Rigatony’s. My family has celebrated many birthdays and other special occasions here, and every time we are full and happy. The portions are large and great for sharing. And, they start every meal with a generous Italian salad and delicious bread.
1850 E. Warner Rd., Tempe, AZ 85284 – Located on Warner Rd. and McClintock Dr.
4. Rustler’s Rooste: Located just outside the border of Tempe, Rustler’s Rooste is perfect for families and large groups. Between the live country music, the indoor tin slide, balloon artists, cotton candy dessert and wood chips covering the floors, this is the kind of place where your kids can get loud and messy and no one will ever notice. The comfort food is the cherry on top.
8383 S. 48th St., Phoenix, AZ 85044 – Located near the Arizona Grand Resort on Baseline Rd. and 48th St.
5. Rainforest Cafe: Keep the kiddos entertained during lunch or dinner while braving a rain storm, wearing an animal hat, and finding animals scattered about the restaurant. This is a stress-free place to bring kids of any age and is designed specifically for kids and families. And the food is delicious too – bonus!
5000 S. Arizona Mills Cir., Tempe, AZ 85282 – Located inside Arizona Mills
6. Scramble: This quick counter service restaurant has lots to choose from for the whole family (dogs too). Favorites include their Santa Fe Benedict, the Western Omelette and their French Toast. For your four-legged friend, order the Elvis Pup Cakes served in a dog bowl of course. The kids menu includes dollar cakes, egg scramble, grilled cheese and French toast. Their iced tea is from local favorite Infusion Coffee & Tea and we highly recommend it. To read more visit our blog all about the Tempe Scramble location.
1120 E. Baseline Rd., Tempe, AZ 85283 – Located on Baseline and Lakeshore Dr.
7. Macayo’s Depot Cantina: The first thing you notice about Macayo’s is its location and festive ambiance. This Macayo’s location has been transformed from Tempe’s old Southern Pacific train depot into a lively Mexican cantina. The colorful, funky decor will make your group happy from the minute they step inside. When you’ve been seated, you’ll be served baskets of chips and salsa to nibble while you peruse the menu featuring a huge selection of muy delicioso Mexican and Southwestern dishes. Everyone will find something to yummy to enjoy. No one will leave hungry.
300 S. Ash Ave., Tempe, AZ 85281 – Located in Downtown Tempe
8. Snooze an AM Eatery: Fluffy pancakes, delicious eggs and a colorful, funky decor…that’s Snooze. This relaxed breakfast and lunch spot features all of your favorite breakfast dishes. The pancakes are always a hit with my kids. The pancake flight gives you a choice of any three pancakes on the menu and the breakfast pot pie is hearty comfort food at its finest. The large patio with cornhole and hula hoops add to the fun ambiance.
615 S. College Ave., Tempe, AZ 85281 – located in Downtown Tempe on College Ave., just north of University Dr.
9. Oregano’s: There are several Oregano’s locations in Arizona, but there are two in Tempe. I appreciate their commitment to our favorite city! Everything about Oregano’s is perfect for a family meal — large portions of pizza, pasta and salads, cheesy garlic bread, the nicest staff and Oregano’s famous pizza cookie to end your meal.
523 W. University Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 – just west of University Dr.
1475 W. Elliot Rd., Tempe, AZ 85284 – Elliot Rd. and Priest Dr.
10. Tempe Public Market Cafe: This popular spot is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have one of the best kids’ menus around, with a Little Cafe Breakfast, Grilled Cheese, Burger, Crispy Chicken Breast with Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli and Pizza (served after 5 p.m.) with prices ranging from $4-$5. Parents will love the creative, healthy cuisine and their coffee, beer and wine options. Their large outdoor patio is an inviting place to linger for a while, especially if you order one of the ice cream sundaes or fresh baked pastries. Trust us on this one — don’t leave without trying something delicious from their pastry case.
8749 S. Rural Rd., Tempe, AZ 85284 – located at Rural and Warner Roads
Check out what these bloggers had to say about family-friendly restaurants in Tempe, Arizona.
- The Best Mill Ave Restaurants for Families [From breakfast to dessert!] by Global Munchkins
- Get Your Grub On – The Top Kid-Friendly Restaurants in Tempe by Ripped Jeans & Bifocals