The days when a hotel room is just a hotel room are in the past. Today, hotels are looking at creative ways to differentiate themselves from the competition. One great example of this out-of-the-box thinking is the Moxy Phoenix Tempe. One of the first hotels to launch in the U.S. under Marriott International’s spirited Moxy brand, the Moxy Phoenix Tempe has quickly become a very cool gathering spot for out of town guests and locals alike.
This spring and summer, the Moxy team has developed a weekly calendar full of fun-loving activities that will give you more than enough reasons to visit on a regular basis.
The new programming line-up, starting on April 9, 2018 and continuing through the summer, includes the following fun themes:
• Fried Mondays serve up your favorite bites, such as fried pickles, zucchini, mushrooms, mozzarella sticks and onion rings from 6-9 p.m. Pick one item for $7, two for $10 or three for $13.
• Taco Tuesdays from 5-10 p.m. with 3 for $10 tacos, $5 Margaritas (or $15 pitchers!) and $5 chips and salsa.
• Wing Wednesdays promises live performances and half dozen wings for $7 and a full dozen wings for $12.
• Blacklight Bingo on Thursdays, from 8-10 p.m., is a fast-paced, fresh twist on this classic game. Clearly not your grandmother’s bingo, Thursdays will be home to neon-inspired snacks and glow-in-the-dark lemonade, which can be spiked for $5.
• End your workweek with ever-popular Karaoke, as only the Moxy can do it, from 8 p.m.-midnight every Friday. There will be a different musical genre each week.
• On Saturdays, guests can enjoy a Backyard Bash with a cookout from 4-8 p.m. The all-day pool party has an outdoor bar, serving up $5 Summer Sangrias, $20 beer buckets, burgers, hot dogs and more.
• Every Sunday Funday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Moxy Phoenix Tempe will feature a quirky activity from ping-pong to Jenga along with a $10 mimosas and $7 Bloody Mary bar.
• Sunday evenings are for Painting & Vino from 5-8 p.m. where adults get to enjoy wine while channeling their creative side. Enjoy $25 bottles of wine with naan bread entrees.
• The hotel also offers fun group or date night options from Murder Mystery Dinner shows to Painting & Vino classes.
If you haven’t been to the Moxy Phoenix Tempe, definitely add it to your list of places to check out! The lobby, dubbed the Moxy living room, is the social hub of the hotel with communal tables near the bar (which doubles as the front desk) and restaurant, which serves snacks, inspired cocktails, local beers and tasty dishes. In addition to the planned activities, there are also board games, pinball machines and floor to ceiling industrial windows that open to the lively pool area. Hotel guests can also check out custom-made Villy bikes, so they can explore the city on two wheels.
Find details about the Moxy Phoenix Tempe and their calendar of upcoming events.