Check out Tempe’s recently opened dining concepts and find out what’s coming soon.
Tempe is bursting with new places to dine, sip and be entertained. Just when you think you’ve tried them all, a bunch of new venues spring up. Whether you’re in the mood for a great meal, a new cocktail designed by a creative mixologist, or an evening of DJs and dancing, here are some fun and exciting new restaurants, bars and venues to try out the next time you’re in Tempe.
Chic Chef 77 Bistro & Wine Bar
1221 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 564-1098
Renowned throughout the Valley for her olive oils, vinegars, spices and celebrity clients, chef Nik Fields has moved to Tempe to open Arizona’s first Black-owned wine bar. Open since February, Chic Chef 77 Bistro & Wine Bar offers a 200-bottle list, a dinner menu that will rotate monthly based on the creations by select chefs, charcuterie boards, private wine tastings, live music, poetry, and all the flavor we’ve come to know and love from this Chic Chef.
2001 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 916-3690
From the family that’s brought us Bacanora, Espiritu and Tacos Chiwas to locations throughout the Valley, come an upscale, Mexican dining experience. Husband and wife co-owners Armando Hernandez and Nadia Holguin are delivering world-class Chihuahuan cuisine from their new location at Culdesac — Tempe’s new car-free community. Lucky for you, there are parking options, but be sure to make a reservation.
Hundred Mile Brewing Co.
690 N. Scottsdale Rd., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 256-1623
Opened since December 2022, Hundred Mile Brewing Co. is a 10,000-square-foot (10-barrel) brewhouse, restaurant and craft-beer-and-cocktail bar. The space is bright and modern, the large patio is bike and dog friendly, and the menu features elevated pub fare, including a wide variety of small plates as well as burgers, salads and such entrees as coffee-rubbed short ribs. Hundred Mile brews include Coyote West Coast IPA, Pinetop Pils, Desert Neon Hazy IPA, Crowd Surfer Mexican Lager (with lime and salt) and The Natural Blonde Ale.
Omni Tempe Hotel at ASU
7 E. University Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281
This much-anticipated addition to Downtown Tempe’s skyline officially opened its doors in April — and brought four new dining (and drinking) concepts with it.
- Library Rules: More than a coffee shop — although the coffee and pastries are amazing — this gathering spot is open all day. And the menu transitions to light bites and a wide variety of libations in the evening.
- Neighborhood Services: This industrial, yet approachable, all-day dining venue offers both indoor and outdoor seating for savoring its menu — menu by renowned chef Nick Badovinus — of rotating favorites, craft cocktails and more.
- Lucero: Welcome to Tempe’s newest rooftop bar and restaurant. Designed for the adventurous and bold, and emulating the starry night sky, this upscale concept features a tapas style menu with small sharable plates as well as signature dishes — including crispy branzino, Moroccan lamb empanada, chilled lobster — and enviable craft cocktails.
- Salt & Gila: Located on the third floor, this buzzy pool deck bar and restaurant is ideal for sunshine sipping as well as cozy, fireside evenings. Choose from salads, sharables and cocktails that all revolve around the seasonal inspiration of tea for the summer months.
1324 S. Rural Road, Tempe, AZ 85281
In April 2023, this famed purveyor of sweet treat announced it’s first location in Arizona will be Tempe. Originating in Portland, VooDoo Doughnut is widely known for their unique and delicious take on traditional doughnuts, bars and twists that include decadent flavor combos, filling and decoration themes for every occasion under the sun. Grand opening is slated for “later this year,” and we’ll let you know as soon as we find out more.
Fox Restaurant Concepts
The Novus Innovation Corridor (University Drive and Rural Road)
In April 2023, Fox Restaurant Concepts announced THREE new restaurants coming to Tempe. However, patience is key, as all three standalone Fox Restaurant Concepts are expected to open in the second half of 2024. So stay tuned!
- Blanco Taco Cocina + Cantina: A bright space that’s as fresh as its famous twist on Mexican culinary classics. Best paired with signature margaritas, sangria or beer.
- North Italia: Scratch-made Italian favorites, including pizza, pasta, and sandwiches, as well as craft cocktails and fine wine (and brunch!).
- Flower Child: Health-conscious and fresh offerings, including vegetarian, vegan, paleo, sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free.