While they’re called many things, such as lantern festivals, lights festivals, floating lanterns, water fest or Chinese lanterns — only the Water Lantern Festival allows you to Light The Water in a way you’ll never forget. Now you can experience the magic of thousands of lanterns as the soft lights reflect upon the water of Kiwanis Lake in Tempe.
Tempe’s Water Lantern Festival is filled with fun, happiness, hope and great memories you’ll cherish forever. This is a family friendly event that can be shared by everyone. Friends, families, neighbors and lots of people that you haven’t met can come together to create a peaceful, memorable experience.
This is a ticketed event. Each adult ticket comes with the following:
- Wristband for entry into the festival area with access to food trucks
- Floating lantern kit
- LED candle
- Commemorative drawstring bag
- Playing cards
- Conversation cards
- Lantern retrieval and water clean up
- The price covers the cost of collecting and removing the lanterns from the water following the event as well as cleaning up any trash that may have been previously been in or around the water.
- In addition, we support the mission of Water.org in helping to provide safe water and sanitation to families around the world.
Check out the event website for more details.
For more information on events in Tempe, visit our Tempe Events Page.