Celebrate July 4th with fireworks and festivities, or check out the many summertime happenings in Tempe!
4th of July means it’s time for getting together with friends, grilling out, watching fireworks and finding events to celebrate the summer holiday. Check out the many festivities around the Valley, including summertime happenings in Tempe that are just as entertaining!
Please note: Fireworks are currently in short supply; please check with the event website or call before attending any event during the 4th of July weekend as you may experience cancellations.
July 4th events
TEMPE: Tempe Independence Day Celebration: Red, White & Floom – Sunday, July 3rd
Tempe Town Lake and Tempe Beach Park | 80 W. Rio Salado Pkwy., Tempe, AZ 85281
The City of Tempe, in partnership with the Kiwanis Club of Tempe, presents a new Independence Day Celebration: Red, White & Floom at Tempe Beach Park on July 3rd from 6 to 10 p.m. In lieu of fireworks, Tempe Beach Park will be illuminated by flames from “flooms” floating in Tempe Town Lake, all while being choreographed to patriotic and pop music!
- Food trucks
- Kid activities
- Live musical performances, including headliner, Rock Lobster
Fourth of July BBQ & Live DJ at Skysill – Monday, July 4
Skysill Rooftop Lounge at The Westin Tempe | 11 E 7th St, Tempe, AZ 85281
Start the holiday off at Skysill Rooftop Lounge at The Westin Tempe with straight-from-the-grill BBQ delights, drink specials and a Live DJ!
Non-hotel guests are welcomed to Skysill without a fee!
$4 Draft Beers (Available from July 1st- July 4th)
$25 Truly Buckets
1/2 off Specialty CocktailsWe will have a specialty BBQ menu from 12pm-4pm and a live DJ from 12pm-4pm and 5pm-10pm!
Visit their Instagram @skysillrooftop for giveaways!
Additionally, guests can end their Fourth of July by indulging in a special, prix-fixe menu curated by Executive Chef Alexander Robinson at Terra Tempe Kitchen & Spirits. Available for dine-in guests from 5–10 p.m. To book a reservation, visit OpenTable or call 480-968-8885.
4th of July Rooftop Party – Friday, July 1 to Monday, July 4
Alibi at the Canopy by Hilton Tempe Downtown | 108 E University Dr, Tempe, AZ 85281
Book your day passes or cabanas on Resortpass.com and enjoy a weekend of live music at the rooftop pool as well as a special BBQ menu specialty cocktails.
PEORIA: Peoria’s All-American Festival – Monday, July 4th
Peoria Sports Complex | 16101 N. 83rd Ave., Peoria, AZ 85382
Peoria’s All-American Festival brings the largest Independence Day fireworks show to the Valley on Monday, July 4th. Enjoy live music by supergroup Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, family-friendly entertainment, food, music and spectacular fireworks. The event will span across the Peoria Sports Complex’s Main Stadium and into the Mariners side, where a number of HUGE water slides, food and beverage vendors and a simulcast live stream of the concert stage in Main Stadium will be happening.
- FREE General Admission to the event and all activities
- VIP Experiences available for purchase
- Live Music by The Sidewinders with headliners Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers
- Giant Inflatable Water Slides
- Cornhole Tournament
- Food and Beverage Concessions (including beer, wine and canned cocktails)
- Sensory Room Available
- Spectacular fireworks display at 9:10 p.m. (weather permitting)
MESA: Arizona Celebration of Freedom – Monday, July 4th
Mesa Convention Center in Downtown Mesa | 263 N. Center St., Mesa, AZ 85201
Free to attend, the Arizona Celebration of Freedom is Arizona’s largest free 4th of July celebration — historically with crowds upwards of 50,000 — one of Mesa’s signature annual events and a perfect way to celebrate American independence on the 4th of July with the entire family. Attendees of all ages are invited to spend the evening in Downtown Mesa to enjoy a patriotic car show, naturalization ceremony and thrilling live entertainment, followed by a spectacular fireworks display.
CHANDLER: Musical Performance featuring Cold Shott & the Hurricane Horns – Monday, July 4th
Dr. A.J. Chandler Park: Stage Plaza | 178 E. Commonwealth Ave., Chandler, AZ 85225
Cold Shott & the Hurricane Horns will be performing two 60-minute sets for the crowd to enjoy and rock out to! Cold Shott and the Hurricane Horns is celebrating 32 years of Rockin’ Rhythm & Blues in the Valley of the Sun. The band performs at municipal family events, community concerts, outdoor festivals, exclusive music showcases and private functions throughout the valley.
GILBERT: Gilbert 4th of July Celebration – Monday, July 4th
Gilbert Regional Park | 3005 E. Queen Creek Road, Gilbert, AZ 85298
Join the City of Gilbert for the 2022 Gilbert 4th of July Celebration presented by Earnhardt Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Haydon Building Corp. Experience live performances, aerial entertainment and fireworks!
SCOTTSDALE: Scottsdale 4th of July Celebration at WestWorld
WestWorld | 16601 N Pima Rd Scottsdale, AZ 85260
There will be a lieu of celebration at the WestWorld from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. such as Bull Riding, Indoor Backyard Barbecue, live performances, games and so much more. Tickets can be purchased through here. If interested in seeing the Fireworks show only, parking will open at 5:00pm for viewing. This will be a cashless event.
GOODYEAR: Star Spangled 4th
Goodyear Ballpark | 1933 S Ballpark Way Goodyear, Arizona 85338
Goodyear will have a live fireworks display among live bands, food and drinks, giveaways, and bounce houses. Attendance, activities, and parking are free.
Don’t feel like attending an event, but still want to get a great view of the fireworks?
Tempe has several great viewing areas to catch fireworks from around the Valley.
Please note – there is NOT a fireworks show in Tempe.
Make a reservation at one of these Tempe hotels with a rooftop pool with a view. For more information, check out our Rooftops Pools blog.
- AC Hotel by Marriott Phoenix Tempe/Downtown – 100 E. Rio Salado Pkwy., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 642-6140
- Hyatt Place/ Hyatt House Tempe / Phoenix / University– 601 E. 6th St., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 207-1578
- Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center – 60 E. 5th St., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 894-1400
- Residence Inn by Marriott Tempe Downtown/University – 510 S. Forest Ave., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 967-2300
- Canopy by Hilton Tempe Downtown – 108 E. University Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 968-6800
- The Westin Tempe – 11 E. 7th St., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 968-8885
RESTAURANTS WITH GREAT VIEWS
- Pier 54 – 5394 S. Lakeshore Dr., Tempe, AZ 85283 | (480) 820-0660
- Top of the Rock Restaurant – 2000 W. Westcourt Way, Tempe, AZ 85282 | (602) 431-2370
- Rustler’s Rooste – 8383 S. 48th St., Phoenix, AZ 85044 | (602) 431-6474
- Alibi – 108 E. University Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (602) 612-7872
- Skysill Rooftop Lounge – 11 E. 7th St., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 968-8885
PEDESTRIAN BRIDGES IN DOWNTOWN TEMPE
- University Bridge, also known as the Palm Walk Overpass, on the Arizona State University Tempe Campus.
- Mill Avenue bridges over Tempe Town Lake
- Elmore Pedestrian Bridge – Located near Tempe Center for the Arts on the west end of the lake.
*For more information on bridges of Tempe Town Lake, visit the City of Tempe website.
Things to do during 4th of July weekend
Make the most out of your July 4th weekend and check out Tempe’s wide array of activities and things to do that will keep the whole family entertained!
- Indoor activities in Tempe to stay cool this summer – Stay cool this July 4th by participating in indoor activities that offer tons of fun for the whole family, with a bonus of amazing air conditioning!
- Tempe splash pads and water parks – What makes the 4th of July in Tempe just a little bit better? Water! Splash your way through Tempe at nearby splash pads, water parks and pools.
- Frozen treats and refreshing summer drinks, oh my! Beat the heat with cool and delicious frozen concoctions and delights while watching the fireworks show.
Park After Dark in Downtown Tempe
6th Street Park | 24 E. 6th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281
Park After Dark, in Downtown Tempe, is back for the summer! Kick back and relax at 6th Street Park on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month. Enjoy live music, outdoor entertainment, cold drinks and good times.