Breakfast is a major part of why I get up in the morning. It’s absolutely my favorite meal of the day. That’s why I couldn’t wait to try Morning Squeeze, the newest addition to Downtown Tempe’s breakfast scene, located at Mill Avenue and Seventh Street, just west of Zipp’s Sports Grill.
What made breakfast even better is that my husband and I brought our dog, Zoey. Morning Squeeze prides themselves on their dog-friendly patio and they aren’t kidding. Zoey felt right at home on their spacious, sunny patio. If she could talk, she’d probably tell us that she’d like to move in and make it her new home.
Besides dining with my favorite canine friend, here are five things that I love about Tempe’s newest breakfast spot.
- The ambience – Combine bright, cheerful colors with retro modern furnishings and green plants hanging from macramé holders and you’ll have a feel for the interior of Morning Squeeze. It’s warm and inviting and just a bit quirky. The patio has lots of seating with bright orange chairs and a couple of tables for large groups.
- The menu options –I had a tough time deciding what to order from the Morning Squeeze menu since I could choose from omelets, lots of pancake and waffle options, French Toast, breakfast sandwiches and creative benedicts. They also have a few unexpected items – Breakfast Tacos, Cool Beans Rancheros, Protein Pancakes and the Belfer Fit Bowl with brown rice, quinoa, cilantro, scallions and egg whites. I could eat breakfast all day long, but those who want a few more options, their lunch menu includes salads, burgers and sandwiches.
- The menu options for dogs – Dog-friendly is one thing…having menu items for your dog is a whole other level of awesome. My dog’s expectations for patio dining have been kicked up a notch. For Zoey, we ordered the Chow Hound Scramble with chicken, cheese and egg. She licked the bowl clean. Next time, we’ll go for the Doggy Biscuits and Gravy.
- The staff – Everyone that we encountered at Morning Squeeze was extremely friendly and efficient. A few of them even took a moment to say hello to our Zoey and guess what breed of dog she is. Their guess is as good as mine. Our server brought out a water bowl just for her which was a very nice touch.
- The food – Of course, with all of that said, nothing matters about a restaurant unless the food is good. And, the food at Morning Squeeze is fantastic. I went with the basic My Eggs My Way. My scrambled eggs were fluffy, the hash browns were seasoned to perfection and the bacon was thick and delicious. My husband got the super healthy Cross Fit egg white omelet and it is already one of my favorites. I can’t wait to come back soon and work my way through their menu.
Check out the Morning Squeeze in Tempe at 690 S. Mill Ave., Ste. 110, Tempe, AZ 85281. They’re open from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. everyday.