When you’re a child, you always wanted spring break to last a lot longer than a week. With so much to do in Tempe this spring, parents might wish for the same thing!
Here are nine fun things to do in the Tempe area during spring break:
- Visit the Phoenix Zoo. Voted one of the top 5 zoos for kids, this is an awesome place to spend the day. You can see all kinds of creatues, including elephants, Komodo Dragons, lions and bighorn sheep. And, there are some really cool interactive experiences such as the daily Giraffe Encounters from 10:30-11:30 a.m. and 2-3 p.m., camel rides from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Stingray Bay, 4D Theater and the petting zoo at Harmony Farm.
- SEA LIFE Arizona Aquarium, located inside Arizona Mills, is built for kids with child-level bubbles and interactive touch pools. Discover thousands of amazing creatures and walk through the incredible 360-degree ocean tunnel. Experience the magic of mermaids, Thursday through Sunday from March 5-29. Watch from Mermaid Lagoon as the Mermaids dive underwater in the Ocean Exhibit next to stingrays, sea turtles, and even sharks. After the interactive dive show, meet a dry-land mermaid up close and pose for a FINtastic photo in Mermaid Cove.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Arizona, located inside Arizona Mills, is where families with children aged 3 to 10 can enjoy a world of creativity, color and building fun in the ultimate indoor LEGO® playground complete with the thousands of LEGO® bricks in themed play areas. Whether you’re a pop diva or a rock god, prepare to get Trolls World Tour ready at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Arizona’s Troll-tastic Adventure, this March 13 – April 26.
- Tempe Marketplace is a great place to visit all year-round, but it’s a perfect family destination in the spring. Kids can play in the water at the Splash Pad, while parents can relax with a frozen treat from Zero degrees or MoJo Yogurt. The Splash Pad is surrounded by tables where you can relax and watch your kids have the time of their life. There are lots of kid-friendly dining options here, as well as movies at Harkins Theatre and crafts at As You Wish Pottery.
- Go to a Spring Training baseball game. From mid-February through mid-March, Cactus League Spring Training brings 15 MLB teams to 10 stadiums to play more than 200 games. The 2020 season begins on February 21 and ends on March 12, 2020. Tempe is located in the heart of the Phoenix Metropolitan area, so it’s easy to get to games all over the valley, including seeing an Angel’s game at Tempe Diablo Stadium.
- The Tempe History Museum makes it fun to learn about the history of our city. Their exhibitions cover subjects such as building our community, living in the desert and being a college town. And, they have a children’s area where they can explore and learn. Admission is free. On Sunday, March 8, the museum will host Hayden’s Ferry Days Festival from noon – 4 p.m. This outdoor celebration an outdoor celebration will include food, music, activities and demonstrations exploring the heritage crafts, arts, technology and industry of Tempe.
- Get out on the water at Tempe Town Lake. Rent a pontoon boat, pedal boat or stand-up paddle board with Tempe Boat Rentals. For a bit of extra fun, rent one of their swan, duck or dragon themed pedal boats. Or if you’d rather experience the lake on dry land, rent a surrey bike to cruise the perimeter. They have both 2 person and 4 person bikes available for rent.
- Take a hike! Warm weather, lots of sunshine and mountain trails…what more do you need? Try hiking at “A” Mountain, Papago Park or South Mountain Park and Preserve. Kids can learn about the desert and get exercise at the same time.
- Get into the game – the arcade game that is! Tilt Studio, located inside Arizona Mills, Dave & Busters, located inside Tempe Marketplace and Main Event, located in south Tempe, deliver fun for the whole family. From arcade games, to bowling to delicious eats, each location has something unique to offer, so check them all out.
For more ideas about family fun in Tempe, visit Spring Travel Tips page or call 800-283-6734.