When you’re a child, you always wanted spring break to last a lot longer than a week. It’s that bitter-sweet time of year when the school year is coming to a close, but there is still so much work to be done before you can officially relax on summer break. And because we missed out on many of the fun things to do last year, we have compiled a list of things to make the most out of your spring break this year!
Here are nine fun things to do in the Tempe area during spring break:
- Visit the Phoenix Zoo. Voted one of the top 5 zoos for kids, this is an awesome place to spend the day. The Phoenix Zoo is one of the largest non-profit zoos in the U.S., caring for over 3,000 animals with nearly 400 species represented, including many threatened/endangered species like the African Lion, Golden Eagle, Orangutan and the Jaguar.
- SEA LIFE Arizona Aquarium, located inside Arizona Mills, is built for kids of all levels with tons of exhibits, creatures, and hands-on experiences. Discover the only 360-degree ocean tunnel in Arizona and come face to face with sharks, stingrays, and more! Make it a day of exploration and purchase a combo ticket to visit both SEA LIFE Arizona Aquarium and LEGOLAND Discovery Center Arizona, located next door.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Arizona, located inside Arizona Mills, is where families with children aged 3 to 10 can enjoy a world of creativity, color and building fun in the ultimate indoor LEGO® playground complete with thousands of LEGO® bricks in themed play areas.
- Tempe Marketplace is a great place to visit all-year-round, but it’s a perfect family destination in the spring. Kids can play in the water at the Splash Pad from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., while parents can relax with a frozen treat from Zero Degrees or MoJo Yogurt. The Splash Pad is surrounded by tables where you can relax and watch your kids have the time of their life. There are also lots of kid-friendly dining options and shops located inside Tempe Marketplace. And be sure to check out our full list of family-friendly restaurants in Tempe.
- Experience the vertical world of climbing as never before – indoors at the Phoenix Rock Gym. Explore the thirty foot high walls with over 15,000 sq. ft. of climbing surface.
- Create memories all spring long by painting pottery, canvases, and more at As You Wish or Painting with a Twist (they have family day and afternoon classes for kids as young as 7). Both As You Wish and Painting with a Twist have to-go options to enjoy in the comfort of your own home. New projects are added daily at both locations too!
- Get out on the water at Tempe Town Lake. Rent a pontoon boat, pedal boat, or stand-up paddleboard with Boat Rentals of America – Tempe Town Lake. For a bit of extra fun, rent their swan, duck, or dragon-themed pedal boats or, test out their new donut boat that can fit the entire family. If you’d rather experience the lake on dry land, rent a surrey bike to cruise the perimeter. They have both 2 person and 4 person bikes available for rent.
- Take a family-friendly hike! Warm weather, lots of sunshine and mountain trails…what more do you need? The spring temperatures are an excellent time to bring your kids in tow and go for a family-friendly hike in Tempe or nearby Phoenix. Kids can learn about the desert and get exercise at the same time.
- Get into the game – the arcade game that is! Tilt Studio, located inside Arizona Mills, Dave & Busters, located inside Tempe Marketplace and Main Event, located in south Tempe, deliver fun for the whole family. From arcade games, to bowling to delicious eats, each location has something unique to offer, so check them all out.