Find a Sports Venue
Tempe is the perfect location for your next sporting event
Review our list of Tempe sports venues below. The Tempe Tourism Office can help you find the perfect sports venue to fit the needs of your upcoming event.
View our Sports Facilities Guide for an in depth look at Tempe’s sports facilities.
Contact us when you begin your planning process for your next event. Contact Luchie Javelosa, [email protected], for any questions or assistance that you need.
Visit our blog for more information about sports in Tempe and group dining in Tempe.
ASU Alberta B. Farrington Softball Stadium
ASU Desert Financial Arena
ASU Mona Plummer Aquatic Center
ASU Soccer Stadium
ASU Sun Angel Stadium/Joe Sellah Track
ASU Sun Devil Stadium/Frank Kush Field
ASU Whiteman Tennis Center
Benedict Sports Complex
This 20-acre City of Tempe athletic complex features lighted fields, picnic tables, grills and restroom facilities.
Sports that can be accommodated in this facility: Flag Football, Lacrosse, Softball, Ultimate Frisbee, Soccer, Rugby, Baseball, Fencing
• Lighting: Five lighted multi-purpose fields
Coyotes Curling Club
Ken McDonald Golf Course
North Shore Volleyball Complex
The North Shore Volleyball Complex is located on the north side of Tempe Town Lake, just east of the Mill Avenue Bridge. This permanent volleyball facility consists of 6 regulation size courts, which are adjacent to the water and are located along the walking path for easy access, parking and lighting.
Sports that can be accommodated in this facility: Volleyball
Oceanside Ice Arena
1520 N. McClintock Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85281
Papago Golf Course
Papago Golf Course is a municipal golf course in Phoenix, Arizona. It is set in the heart of Papago Park, surrounded by the picturesque Papago Buttes, as well as the Desert Botanical Garden and the Phoenix Zoo. Papago has carved out an amazing legacy since opening in 1963, earning Top 100 Public Course honors for decades, as well as taking Top Public Course honors in Arizona throughout the years.
• The par-72 layout now includes four sets of tee boxes and will play from 5,404 yards to 7,333 yards, with a USGA course rating of 74.8 and slope rating of 129 from the back tees
• Papago Golf Course has been chosen as the home of the men’s and women’s Arizona State University golf teams
5595 E. Karsten Way
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Phoenix Municipal Stadium
Rolling Hills Golf Course
Shalimar Country Club
Shalimar Country Club is famous for its “Island Green” on the ninth hole and a charming clubhouse with fine dining. The club also features a complete pro shop.
• Total yardage of almost 2,500 yards
• 9-hole course
• Three par 3s and six par 4s; Par 33
• Driving range
• Concessions and restaurant on-site
2032 E. Golf Ave.
Tempe, AZ 85282
Sun Devil Fitness Complex
Sun Devil Fitness Complex consists of 135,000 sq. ft. of indoor activity space, as well as various outdoor fields and court space.
Sports that can be accommodated in this facility: Badminton, Gymnastics, Soccer, Volleyball, Tennis (Outdoor), Racquetball, Swimming, Basketball (Indoor), Weightlifting, Triathlon Events
• 70 meter by 25 yard swimming pool
• 14 lighted tennis courts
• One regulation-size basketball court
• Three large, two-court gymnasiums for volleyball, badminton and table tennis
• 13 racquetball courts
• One squash court
• 9,000 square foot weight room
• 3,000 square foot circuit training room
• Training Equipment
Tempe Diablo Stadium
Tempe Diablo Stadium is an ideal facility for youth and adult sports. It is the Spring Training home of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
Sports that can be accommodated in this facility: Baseball, Soccer, Rugby, Flag Football
Seating Capacity: 9,785 (7,050 in-stadium seats, 2,000 lawn seats, 500 temporary bleacher seats and 200 seats for fans with disabilities)
• One lighted stadium – baseball only (340’ left field, 360’ right field, 420’ center field)
• Five lighted baseball fields (90’ bases)
• One unlighted baseball field (90’ bases)
• One practice infield
• Three batting cages
• 14 practice mounds
• One lighted multi-purpose field
• One unlighted multi-purpose field
• 225,000+ square foot event parking lot adjacent to stadium and visible from I-10 (250,000 vehicles drive by per day)
• 1,500+ paved spaces
• Training Equipment
• Concessions: Five concession stands
• Lighting: Five lighted soccer fields, two lighted softball fields, two lighted baseball practice fields and one lighted stadium
• Box Office
• Media Area: 3,150 square foot press facility
2200 W. Alameda Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85282
Tempe Sports Complex
Tempe’s newest 60-acre athletic complex includes lighted softball and soccer fields as well as a concession stand.
Sports that can be accommodated in this facility: Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Skateboarding, Ultimate Frisbee, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Rugby
• 60 acres
• Seven lighted multi-purpose fields
• 300’ outfield fences
• Skate park added in 2004
• Four lighted softball/baseball fields
• Scoreboard (multiple)
• Lighting: four lighted soccer fields and four lighted baseball/softball fields
8401 S. Hardy Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85284
Tempe Town Lake and Tempe Beach Park
Tempe Town Lake, located adjacent to Downtown Tempe, provides a 2-mile recreational haven for kayaking, sailing, rowing, jogging, skating or picnicking. The park provides five miles of pathways and ample room for festivals or events, such as Ironman Arizona, various triathlons and 5K runs.
Sports that can be accommodated in this facility: Triathlon Events, Special Events, Running, Swimming, Biking, Rowing, Sailing, Kayaking, Beach Volleyball, Fishing, Boating
Water related details:
• Lake length – 2 miles
• Lake width – about 1000 feet
• Four lane moveable race course
• Marina with five boat launches
• Boat storage space for day parking
• Fishing allowed with Arizona license – Lake stocked with trout during cool months, 12 other varieties year-round
• Surrounded by paved and gravel paths, providing more than 5 miles for running, walking or biking
• Routes for triathlons and competition 5K and 10K runs/ walks
• Outdoor venues for charity dinners, live music concerts and trade shows
• 25 acres of park space
• Lighting: Paths surrounding Tempe Town Lake are lit
Mill Avenue & Rio Salado Pkwy.