Falls seems to really be upon us when Starbucks announces the return of Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Am I right? In Tempe, even when the temperatures are still over 100 degrees, we joyously usher in fall with Pumpkin Porter from Four Peaks Brewing Company, pumpkin bagels from Chompie’s and a long list of other delicious autumn inspired treats.
The Tempe Tourism team openly admits that we’re more than obsessed with all things pumpkin spice. Join us in our quest to try and sample as many of Tempe’s pumpkin food and drinks as we possibly can. Here’s a list of our favorites. Enjoy!
1160 E. University Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 557-0700
- Pumpkin-flavored bagel two ways, regular and pumpkin “crunch,” which is dipped in cinnamon sugar before baking. Try it with their seasonal pumpkin cream cheese schmear.
Four Peaks Brewing Company
1340 E. 8th St., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 303-9967
- Get into the season with a Pumpkin Porter, a pumpkin ale, or Double Pumpkin Porter, an imperial pumpkin ale.
The Human Bean
1765 E. University Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (602) 359-0852
- Add a little Pumpkin Pie Sauce to your favorite drinks. My favorite is the pumpkin pie latte.
Great Harvest Bread Co.
1730 E. Warner Rd., Tempe, AZ 85284 | (480) 777-1141
- Take a bit out of fall with their pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, Pumpkin Bars or Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies.
310 S. Mill Ave. #A101, Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 968-9288
- Pumpkin Waffle (always gluten free!)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Cookies
Daily Dose Kitchen and Bar
96 S. Rockford Dr., #105, Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 590-6937
- Our friends at Daily Dose have taken the notion of fall-inspired flapjacks and turned up the dial to 11. Their Pumpkin Crunch Pancakes are made with pumpkin batter of course, but they also add ginger snap granola, drizzle them with a spiced cream anglaise and then dust the tops with cinnamon powdered sugar.
Press Coffee Roasters
601 W. Rio Salado Pkwy. Ste. 103, Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 794-1107
1221 E. Apache Blvd. Tempe AZ 85281 | (480) 566-5380
- Check their menu for pumpkin drinks beginning in early October
Sweetest Season Artisan Bakery
1835 E. Guadalupe Rd., Tempe, AZ 85283 | (480) 867-1564
- Pumpkin swirl brioche bread with vanilla glaze
Wildflower Bread Co.
6428 S. McClintock Dr., Tempe, AZ 85283 | (480) 838-9773
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
505 W. University Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (602) 279-5080
- Pumpkin cookies
2161 W. University Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 765-2101
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Donut
131 E. Baseline Rd., Tempe, AZ, 85283 | (480) 831-0070
- Pumpkin spice pancakes and waffles are aplenty at U.S. Egg. Be prepared to taste fall!
Snooze, an A.M. Eatery
615 S. College Ave. Suite 103, Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 355-1934
- Pumpkin Pancakes
Sparky’s Old Town Creamery
510 S. Mill Ave., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 921-6228
- Pumpkin Porter Ice Cream (made with Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter)
- Caramel Pumpkin Porter Ice Cream (made with Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter)