Commemorate Juneteenth at Desert Botanical Garden on June 15, 18 & 19. Celebrate Black excellence and culture through children’s storytime, hands-on activities, live performances and a community discussion.
June 15, 2022
Free Virtual Webinar | 12 – 1:30 p.m.
For the Culture: Voices of Black Agriculturalists and Conservationists
Join Arizona agriculturalists and conservationists to discuss the impact of Black representation within the food systems industry and the importance of accessibility to healthy food.
- Channel Powe, Chief Executive Officer, Powe Power LLC
- Keisha Tatem, State Conservationist, United States Department of Agriculture
- Darren Chapman, Chief Executive Officer, Tiger Mountain Foundation
- James and Rachael Stewart, Owners, Southwest Black Ranchers
- Rodney Machokoto, Owner, Machokoto Family Farms/Edenic Gardens
June 18, 2022
Munson Outdoor Classroom | 8 – 9 a.m.
Juneteenth reading and activity included with admissions for children 2 and younger and their caregivers.
Webster Auditorium | 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Juneteenth Children & Family Pop-Up Activity.
Guests will have an opportunity to make a Juneteenth-inspired necklace and windsock. While supplies last.
June 19, 2022
Binns Wildflower Pavilion | 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. | 10 – 11 a.m.
Senegalese Sabar Drumming Performance
Enjoy a performance of traditional Senegalese sabar drumming and a hands-on musical experience.
Check out the event website for additional details.
For more information on event in Tempe, visit our Tempe Events page.