Tempe Exchange Club will host the 22nd Annual Tempe Healing Field for the Greater Phoenix community from Sept. 9 to 11 at Tempe Beach Park. This inspiring formation of U.S. flags will, as in years past, honors the victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks that the mature may remember and that youth may learn. The magnitude of loss will be represented by an uplifting display of the Stars and Stripes, which creates an inspiring and memorable experience for volunteers and visitors alike.
All are invited to walk through the ordered rows of flags posted at Tempe Beach Park. Visiting the field is an experience never to be forgotten, and each year the event offers many opportunities for sponsors, volunteers and visitors to experience an indescribable tribute.
Special Event Times:
- Stand Up Flags: Saturday, Sept. 9 at 6 a.m. Volunteers are welcome to participate!
- Sunday Evening Freedom Concert: Sunday, Sept. 10 at 6:30-9 p.m.
- Tunnel to Towers 5k Run/Walk – Sunday, September 10 at 8 a.m. 5k run at Tempe Beach Park. We’ll have registration info soon.
- Healing Field® Tribute – Reading of the Names: Monday, Sept. 11 at 5:45 a.m. The public is welcome to join us in reading the names of the victims beginning at 5:46 a.m. when the first plane hit the first tower.
- Healing Field® Tribute – Candlelight Vigil: Monday, Sept. 11th 7 p.m. Ceremony, speakers, candlelight vigil, reading of the names of the first responders.
- Stand Down the Field – Tuesday, Sept. 12 at 6 a.m. Volunteers welcome!
Visit the Tempe Healing Field event website for additional details.
For more information on events in Tempe, visit our Tempe Events Page.
Start Time: 12:00 am
End Time: 12:00 pm