Tempe Healing Field at Tempe Beach ParkSeptember 9, 2023 - September 11, 2023
Tempe Exchange Club will host the 22nd Annual Tempe Healing Field at Tempe Beach Park for the greater Phoenix community, from September 9th to 11th. This inspiring formation of U.S. flags will, as in years past, honors the victims of the September 2001 terrorist attacks that the mature may remember and that youth may learn. The magnitude of loss will be represented by an uplifting display of the Stars and Stripes, which creates an inspiring and memorable experience for volunteers and visitors alike.
All are invited to walk through the ordered rows of flags posted at Tempe Beach Park. Visiting the field is an experience never to be forgotten, and each year the event offers many opportunities for sponsors, volunteers and visitors to experience an indescribable tribute.
Special Event Times:
- Stand Up Flags: Saturday, September 9th at 6:00 a.m. Volunteers are welcome to participate!
- Saturday Evening Freedom Concert: Saturday, September 10th at 6:30-9:00 p.m.
- Tunnel to Towers 5k Run/Walk – Sunday, September 10th at 8:00 a.m. 5k run at Tempe Beach Park. We’ll have registration info soon.
- Healing Field® Tribute 5:45 a.m. The public is welcome to join us in reading the names of the victims beginning at 5:46 a.m. when the first plane hit the first tower.
- Healing Field® Tribute: / Candlelight Vigil: Monday, September 11th 7:00 p.m. Ceremony, speakers, candlelight vigil, reading of the names of the first responders.
- Stand Down The Field – Tuesday, September 12th at 6:00 a.m. Volunteers welcome!
Visit the Tempe Healing Field event website for additional details.
For more information on events in Tempe, visit our Tempe Events Page.
Start Time: 12:00 am
End Time: 12:00 pm