Family Weekend at Arizona State University is one of the most memorable and cherished fall traditions in Tempe.
Each year, parents and supportive family members descend upon Tempe to experience a little piece of campus life with their ASU student. Check out all there is to see and do during ASU Family Weekend, November 4-6, 2022.
Get ready to celebrate ASU spirit, pride and tradition with your Sun Devil and the entire family. Arizona State University provides plenty of fun activities across all four campuses. Tempe programming includes fitness classes, college-specific events, a family block party and more! If you’re not able to attend in person, there will be a virtual component to partake in as well.
Visit the ASU Family Weekend website for more details.
ASU Event Highlights (Tempe Campus):
Look for events to be posted in August 2022!
Before or after ASU sanctioned events, check out one of Tempe’s many fall events. Students can explore their home away from home, and parents can rejoice in experiencing something new.
October 15-16, 2022 | Phoenix Pride | Indian Steele Park – Phoenix
October 18-23, 2022 | Rodgers & Hammerstein’s OKLAHOMA! | ASU Gammage
November 5, 2022 | ASU Football: ASU vs. UCLA | Sun Devil Stadium
November 13-19 | ASU Homecoming | ASU Tempe Campus
For a full schedule of events, check out our Tempe Events Page.
Things to Do:
With so many yummy restaurants, cool photo spots, hiking areas and shopping around Tempe, there is sure to be something for everyone! Enjoy the sunshine by strolling along a cactus-lined desert trail, boating at Tempe Town Lake or driving through the city on a self-guided mural tour.
- Visit the ASU Art Museum during your family weekend trip! Check out the current exhibition, “A Country is Not a House: Ronald Rael + Virginia San Fratello,” on view through October 30, 2022.
- At Boat Rentals of America – Tempe Town Lake, everyone can enjoy recreational boating. Select from a variety of watercraft options, including kayaks, pedal boats, electric boats, stand-up paddleboards and more.
- Discover the tranquil vibrancy of 50,000 desert plants at Desert Botanical Garden.
- Four Peaks Brewery Tours offers insight into brewery operations, the 8th Street building’s history and the brewing process.
- Nothing says family time like Axe Throwing! Tempe now has three indoor axe-throwing facilities – very similar to a shooting range, except your weapon of choice is an axe! Check out LumberJaxes Axe Throwing, Hotshots Axe Throwing, or Class Axe Throwing for all the fun.
- Explore a world of curiosity, imagination and discovery at the Phoenix Zoo. See Sumatran tigers, Bornean orangutans, Masai giraffes and exciting encounters at Monkey Village and Harmony Farm.
- With over 100 shops and restaurants and 300 events a year, Tempe Marketplace provides an unparalleled shopping, dining and entertainment experience.
- If you want to explore Tempe’s street art scene, we suggest hopping in your car for a self-guided driving tour of a few of our favorite Tempe murals.
- Which Tempe restaurants are the best for family dining? We will tell you! Check out our shortlist of family-friendly restaurants that are a sure bet for a good time.
- From breakfast to burgers to all kinds of international favorites, you’ll have a hard time choosing from all of the tasty restaurants surrounding Arizona State University Tempe Campus. Plan ahead and visit our University Eats blog for recommendations during Family Weekend.
Park on campus like a pro! Arizona State University is one of the largest public universities, so it is safe to say that you may need some pointers navigating the campus. Check out a few helpful tips on parking and transportation to make getting around easier.
Hotels Near ASU Tempe Campus:
Looking for the perfect hotel near the Tempe ASU Campus for Family Weekend? We’ve highlighted the best hotels that are within a 2-mile radius of the ASU Memorial Union.